The mission of Ncardia Belgium is to develop and manufacture hiPSC therapeutics that significantly improve patient outcomes. We are convinced that hiPSC technology is the key to get better, more efficient treatments to patients faster. To achieve this mission, we are building a world-leading manufacturing facility and scalable hiPSC manufacturing platforms that address the production volumes required even for the most prevalent indications. We will know we have succeeded when we can reliably and rapidly operate our manufacturing platforms to generate cell products that consistently produce positive outcomes in patients.
You will join an international and dedicated group of scientists, project leaders and laboratory technicians. We have expertise in bioprocess development, stem cell biology, cell-based assays, and GMP compliance. The selected candidate will report to the Director, Cell Therapy Innovations. If this awakens your interest, please apply and support us to achieve our mission in bringing better therapies to patients faster.
As a process engineer in hiPSC-based Process Development your key responsibilities will be in developing suspension-based and/or adherent culture manufacturing processes. In this role you will focus on the automation and scale-up of bioprocesses for manufacturing products from pluripotent stem cells to include but not limited to immunotherapy, CAR-T, and NK cells. You will also provide technical expertise in cGMP cell manufacturing including bioreactors, cell washing and concentration technologies, and fill/finish operations.
You are self-motivated and energetic with a strong focus on innovation, and critical thinking, and with experience in a service organization or demonstratable soft skills that are needed for commercial projects. As part of the job responsibility includes hands-on processes development, the preferred candidate is a motivated researcher with desire to work in a laboratory, including occasional cell maintenance during the weekend.
- Lead and deliver process optimization studies focused on scale-up of novel hiPSC-derived cell types according to defined timelines, budget and milestones. Customer sponsored projects are part of the position
- Evaluate and implement technologies to improve consistency, increase scale, and facilitate cGMP compliance of bioprocesses for manufacturing hiPSC-derived therapeutics
- Develop scale-down models for process optimization studies
- Evaluate and implement process analytical technologies (PAT) for improved monitoring and control of stem cell bioprocesses
- Ensure accurate internal data reporting
- Contribute to or lead scientific presentations and collaboration with external stakeholders
- Write protocols, technical reports, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Collaborate with project teams to integrate processes
- Participate in technology transfer of processes and equipment to the Manufacturing group
- Ph.D. in biology, bio-engineering, or other relevant discipline and/or relevant equivalent working experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in mammalian cell culture processes - preferably with bioreactors
- Relevant experience or understanding of the following:
- Process development as a member of product/process development teams
- QbD/DE approaches
- cGMP biomanufacturing
- Pluripotent stem cells and/or differentiation
- Immuno-biology, immuno-therapy, and related manufacturing techniques
- Attention to detail, and problem-solving
- Excellent organization, project, and time management skills. Timelines may be demanding
- Capacity to innovate and contribute to company IP
- Good communicator and team-player
- Can maintain flexibility in a dynamic environment
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
Job Location: Gosselies, Belgium
Position Type: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediately
We offer you a challenging position in a dynamic biotech company with room for personal growth and development. We provide a competitive salary package based on your education and experience.
Send your motivation letter with curriculum vitae to Elodie Noël at email@example.com