The mission of Ncardia Belgium is to understand human induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) and developmental biology and harness this knowledge to invent and advance the technologies that smartly scale iPSC to benefit human health. We are convinced that iPSC technology is the key to get better, more efficient treatments to patients faster. To achieve this mission, we are building a world-leading research facility to overcome the complexity and challenges of iPSC lineage specification. We will know we have succeeded when we are able to leverage our expertise in iPSC and human biology to efficiently and effectively generate cell products that consistently produce positive outcomes in patients.
We are an enthusiastic, skilled, and committed international team in which everyone has the opportunity to make a decisive contribution.
Within our Cell Therapy Innovations (CTI) team in Gosselies (Belgium) there is one position immediately available: Senior Scientist Immunology, iPSC Cell Therapy R&D. The selected candidate will report to the Director, Cell Therapy Innovations.
As a Senior Scientist in Immunology, focusing on human iPSC Cell Therapy R&D, your key responsibilities will be to develop new iPSC differentiation processes and associated analytical methods to lead to the generation of human iPSC-based immunotherapies. You have a strong background in immunology or developmental immunology.
You are self-motivated and energetic with a strong focus on innovation, and critical thinking, and with experience in a service organization or demonstratable soft skills that are needed for commercial projects. As part of the job responsibility includes hands-on processes development, the preferred candidate is a motivated researcher with desire to work in a laboratory including occasional cell maintenance during the weekend.
- Lead and deliver R&D studies focused upon the generation of novel iPSC-derived immune cell types according to defined timelines, budget and milestones. Customer sponsored projects are part of the position
- Manage the testing of new approaches and generate high quality analytical readouts to develop, optimize and characterize iPSC differentiation processes and/or final immune cell products
- Coordinate work with the scientific team
- Provide scientific background and feedback on results to the scientific team
- Ensure accurate internal data reporting
- Generate scientific proposals to resolve key technical hurdles
- Be up to date with scientific literature and maintain knowledge concerning relevant new research and new technologies within Ncardia’s scientific field
- Represent the CTI group internally and collaborate with teams from other areas
- Contribute to or lead scientific presentations and collaboration with external stakeholders
- Draft and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Participate in technology transfer of processes to the Manufacturing group
- Ph.D. or Post-doc in developmental immunology or cell biology, immunology, or other relevant discipline
- Demonstrated strong scientific and technical background (publication record, funding or patent applications, collaborations)
- Experience with flow cytometry, qPCR and functional immunological assays (e.g., cytokine release assay, flow cytometry, cytotoxicity, and proliferation assays)
- Familiarity with generation and interpretation of large datasets
- Attention to detail, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization, project and time management skills. Timelines may be demanding
- Capacity to innovate and contribute to company IP
- Good communicator and team-player
- Can maintain flexibility in a dynamic environment
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
Additional experience of value
- Expertise in stem cell biology with experience in expansion and differentiation of human iPSCs
- Familiarity with QbD/DoE approaches
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
Job Location: Gosselies, Belgium
Position Type: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediately
We offer you a challenging position in a dynamic biotech company with room for personal growth and development. We provide a competitive salary package based on your education and experience.
Send your motivation letter with curriculum vitae to Elodie Noël at email@example.com