Ncardia is an established, globally operating, stem cell-based drug discovery & cell therapy company. At Ncardia, we believe that stem technology will help get better therapies to patients faster. The company is a supportive and trusted partner for scientists and customers operating within the human induced pluripotent stem cell (hiPSC) drug discovery and cell therapy fields.
Ncardia develops, produces, and commercializes hiPSC based solutions. Our offerings range from concept development to pre-clinical studies, including custom manufacturing of a range of cell types, discovery services (disease modelling, drug screening, and safety assays) and manufacturing process development to support cell therapy products.
We are an enthusiastic, skilled, and committed international team in which everyone has the opportunity to make a decisive contribution.
For more information about the company, please visit our website www.ncardia.com.
Within our Cell Therapy Innovations (CTI) team in Gosselies (Belgium) there is a position immediately available for an Associate Scientist. Selected candidate will report to the Director Cell Therapy Innovations.
The Associate Scientist will be involved in all aspects of cell therapy projects for process development and characterization of iPSC-derived cells, under the supervision of the Project Leaders. Activities include advanced stem cell culture, state of the art differentiation processes and downstream processing.
Tasks and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Perform state of the art cell culture techniques in the field of human stem cell maintenance
- Execute studies for the development of novel immune iPSC-derived cell types
- Perform in process analyses and cell-based assays for functional characterization of differentiated cells
- Support routine lab activities such as stock management and equipment maintenance
- Collect and record data accurately following standard operation procedures in compliance with Quality Management System
- Pro-active mindset, propose solutions and participate in investigations whenever needed
- Bachelor or Master Degree in (applied) biological science or related domains
- At least 5 years of experience in cell culture
- Demonstrated practical experience in cell culture techniques is a requirement (such as, maintenance of cell lines, cell differentiation, cryopreservation, cell counting, media preparation, aseptic techniques)
- Experience with stem cells or with immune cells is a plus
- Experience with flow cytometry/Immunofluorescence/Cell-based assays is a plus
- Well-organized, precise and reliable
- Understanding of good documentation practices
- Highly motivated, proactive, accurate, creative, and committed team worker
- Willing to work during week-ends
- Good communication skills and team-player
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent knowledge of English both written and verbal
- Affinity with GMP quality systems
We offer a challenging position in a dynamic biotech company with room for personal growth and development. Depending on your education and experience, we provide an appropriate salary.
Send your motivation letter with curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Ncardia accepts applications until October 1, 2021.