Ncardia is an established, globally operating, stem cell-based drug discovery & cell therapy company. At Ncardia, we believe that stem technology will help get better therapies to patients faster. The goal of the company is to be the supportive and trusted partner for scientists operating within the human induced pluripotent stem cell (hiPSC) drug discovery and cell therapy fields.
Ncardia develops, produces, and commercializes highly predictive human cardiovascular and neurological cellular assay systems. Ncardia provides its customers with a broad portfolio of services from cardiovascular and neuronal disease modeling to target discovery and validation, primary or secondary drug screening, hit to lead and lead optimization, safety assessment, and pre-clinical patient stratification.
Ncardia is uniquely specialized in early-stage process development and manufacture of cell therapies based on human iPSC technology. Our demonstrated expertise in iPSC generation and differentiation protocol development makes us well positioned to partner with innovative cell therapy developers to establish novel advanced therapies, and in particular, in the cardiovascular and immune space.
We are an enthusiastic, skilled, and committed international team in which everyone has the opportunity to make a decisive contribution. Within our “Cell Therapy Innovation” team in Gosselies (Belgium), there is a position immediately available for an Associate Scientist, who will report to the Director Cell Therapy Innovation.
For more information about the company, please visit our website www.ncardia.com.
The Associate Scientist will be involved in all aspects of cell therapy projects for process development and characterization of iPSC-derived cells, under the supervision of the Project Leaders. Activities include advanced stem cell culture, state of the art differentiation processes and down-stream processing.
Tasks and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Perform state of the art cell culture techniques in the field of human stem cell maintenance
- Execute studies for the development of novel immune iPSC-derived cell types
- Perform in process analyses and cell-based assays for functional characterization of differentiated cells
- Support routine lab activities such as stock management and equipment maintenance
- Collect and record data accurately following standard operation procedures in compliance with Quality Management System
- Pro-active mindset, propose solutions and participate in investigations whenever needed
- Bachelor or Master Degree in (applied) biological science or related domains
- At least 5 years of experience in cell culture
- Demonstrated practical experience in cell culture techniques is a requirement (such as, maintenance of cell lines, cell differentiation, cryopreservation, cell counting, media preparation, aseptic techniques)
- Experience with stem cells or with immune cells is a plus
- Experience with flow cytometry/Immunofluorescence/Cell-based assays is a plus
- Well-organized, precise and reliable
- Understanding of good documentation practices
- Highly motivated, proactive, accurate, creative, and committed team worker
- Ready to work during week-ends
- Good communication skills and team-player
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent knowledge of English both written and verbal
- Affinity with GMP quality systems
We offer a challenging position in a dynamic biotech company with
room for personal growth and development. Depending on your education
and experience, we provide an appropriate salary.
For questions or further information about this vacancy, please contact Eva D'amico (email@example.com)
Send your motivation letter with curriculum vitae by June 17 to: firstname.lastname@example.org