Ncardia is an established, globally operating, stem cell-based drug discovery & cell therapy company. At Ncardia, we believe that stem technology will help get better therapies to patients faster. The company is a supportive and trusted partner for scientists and customers operating within the human induced pluripotent stem cell (hiPSC) drug discovery and cell therapy fields.
Ncardia develops, produces, and commercializes hiPSC based solutions. Our offerings range from concept development to pre-clinical studies, including custom manufacturing of a range of cell types, discovery services (disease modelling, drug screening, and safety assays) and manufacturing process development to support cell therapy products.
We are an enthusiastic, skilled, and committed international team in which everyone has the opportunity to make a decisive contribution.
For more information about the company, please visit our website www.ncardia.com.
Within our Cell Therapy Innovations (CTI) team in Gosselies (Belgium) there are two positions immediately available: Senior Scientist iPSC cell therapy R&D. Selected candidates will report to the Director Cell Therapy Innovations.
As a Senior Scientist iPSC cell therapy R&D, your key responsibilities will be to develop new hiPSC differentiation processes and associated analytical methods to lead to the generation of hiPSC-based immunotherapies. You have a strong background in stem cell biology and/or immunology.
- Lead and deliver R&D studies focused upon the generation of novel hiPSC-derived immune cell types according to defined timelines, budget and milestones. Customer sponsored projects are part of the position.
- Manage the testing of new approaches and generate high quality analytical readouts to develop, optimize and characterize hiPSC differentiation processes and/or final cell products.
- Coordinate work with laboratory technicians, assistant/associate scientists.
- Provide scientific background and feedback on results to the assistant/associate scientist(s) assigned to his/her studies.
- Ensure accurate internal data reporting including protocols, technical and scientific reports.
- Generate scientific proposals to resolve key technical hurdles associated with his/her studies.
- Initiate and generate ideas based on scientific readings and research, and therefore contribute to research plans.
- Be up to date with scientific literature and maintain knowledge concerning relevant new research and new technologies within Ncardia’s scientific field.
- Represent the CTI group internally and collaborate with project teams (e.g., business development, QA, communication, strategy).
- Contribute to or lead scientific presentations (customer update of sponsored projects, peer-reviewed publications, white papers, conference presentation) and collaboration with external stakeholders.
- Draft and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Participate in technology transfer of processes to the Manufacturing group.
A part of the job responsibility includes hands on processes development, the preferred candidate is a motivated researcher with desire to work in a laboratory including occasional cell maintenance during the weekend.
- Ph.D. or Post-doc in developmental biology, human biology, or other relevant discipline.
- Expertise in stem cell biology with experience in expansion and differentiation of hiPSCs.
- Experience in developing, scaling and optimizing stem cell differentiation processes ensuring that desired quality and target cell characteristics are maintained.
- Experience with flow cytometry (>10colors), qPCR and functional immunological assays (e.g., cytokine release assay by flow cytometry, cytotoxicity and proliferation assays).
- Familiarity with generation and interpretation of large datasets.
- Attention for details, and drive for problem solving.
- Excellent organization, project and time management skills. Timelines may be demanding.
Additional experience of value
- Immunology expertise is a plus.
- Expertise in somatic cell reprogramming or gene editing (mRNA, Sendai, episomes, CRIPR/CAS, lenti and retroviral particles) is an advantage
- Familiarity with QbD/DoE approaches.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Since we are working in an international environment; proficiency in English, both written and spoken, is a prerequisite.
As a person, you are benevolent, open-minded and a good communicator. You have a high level of energy that drives you and inspires others. You are a true team-player who enjoys working in close collaboration with colleagues in and out of the laboratory. You can work in demanding and dynamic work environment and understand that this position requires flexibility. You have a problem-solving attitude, take initiatives, and think out of the box.
We offer a challenging position in a dynamic biotech company with room for personal growth and development. Depending on your education and experience, we provide an appropriate salary.
Send your motivation letter with curriculum vitae to: email@example.com. Ncardia accepts applications until October 1, 2021.