The mission of Cellistic/ Ncardia Belgium is to understand human iPSC and developmental biology, and harness this knowledge to develop and manufacture iPSC therapeutics that significantly improve patient outcomes. We are convinced that pluripotent stem cell technology is the key to get better, more efficient treatments to patients faster. To achieve this mission, we are building a world-leading research facility to overcome the complexicty and challenges of iPSC lineage specification. We will know we have succeeded when we can reliably and rapidly generate cell products that consistently produce positive outcomes in patients.
Within our Genome Engineering (GE) team in Gosselies (Belgium) there is one position immediately available: Genome Engineering Senior Scientist, iPSC Cell Therapy R&D. The selected candidate will report to the Director, Genome Engineering. We are an enthusiastic, skilled, and committed international team in which everyone has the opportunity to make a decisive contribution.
For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.cellistic.com
As a Senior Scientist in Genome Engineering, focusing on iPSC Cell Therapy R&D, your key responsibilities will be to develop new genome editing strategies and associated analytical methods to lead to the generation of hiPSC-based cell therapies. You have a strong background in molecular biology, including genome editing.
You are self-motivated with a strong focus on innovation, and critical thinking, and with experience in a service organization or demonstratable soft skills that are needed for commercial projects. You are open-minded and a good communicator. You have a high level of energy that drives you and inspires others. You are a true team-player who enjoys working in close collaboration with colleagues in and out of the laboratory. You can work in demanding and dynamic work environments and understand that this position requires flexibility. You have a problem-solving attitude, take initiatives, and think outside the box. As part of the job responsibility includes hands-on processes development, the preferred candidate is a motivated researcher with desire to work in a laboratory, including occasional cell maintenance during the weekend.
- Lead and deliver genome editing studies focused on development of novel human cell therapies. Customer sponsored projects are part of the position
- Test new approaches to develop and optimize gene-editing methods, design editing strategies and develop genotyping workflows, and generate high quality analytical readouts
- Coordinate work with the scientific team
- Provide scientific background and feedback on results to the to the scientific team
- Ensure accurate internal data reporting
- Generate scientific proposals to resolve key technical hurdles
- Be up to date with scientific literature and maintain knowledge concerning relevant new research and new technologies within Ncardia’s scientific field
- Represent the GE group internally and collaborate with multi-disciplinary project teams
- Contribute to or lead scientific presentations and collaboration with external stakeholders
- Draft and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Participate in technology transfer of processes to the Manufacturing group
- Ph.D. or Post-doc in molecular, cell biology, genetics or other relevant discipline
- Demonstrated strong scientific and technical background (publication record, funding or patent applications, collaborations)
- Strong molecular biology skills, including flow cytometry, transfections, (q)PCR and Western Blotting
- Experience with genetic manipulation of mammalian cells using gene editing, preferably CRISPR
- Culturing and characterization of iPSCs
- Attention to detail, and problem-solving
- Excellent organization, project and time management skills. Timelines may be demanding
- Capacity to innovate and contribute to company IP
- Good communicator and team-player
- Can maintain flexibility in a dynamic environment
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
Additional experience of value:
- Experience in design of synthetic DNA constructs, and use of different assembly methodologies (e.g., restriction, Golden Gate, Gibson)
- Experience in protein sequence-structure analysis and homology modeling using PyMOL and calculating conservation scores with tools such as Jalview
- Familiarity with QbD/DoE approaches
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
Job Location: Gosselies, Belgium
Position Type: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediately
We offer you a challenging position in a dynamic biotech company with room for personal growth and development. We provide a competitive salary package based on your education and experience.
Send your motivation letter with curriculum vitae to Elodie Noël at email@example.com