Ncardia is an established, globally operating, stem cell-based drug discovery & cell therapy company. At Ncardia, we believe that stem technology will help get better therapies to patients faster. The goal of the company is to be the supportive and trusted partner for scientists operating within the human induced pluripotent stem cell (hiPSC) drug discovery and cell therapy fields, and in particular, in the cardiovascular and neurology space.
Ncardia develops, produces, and commercializes highly predictive human cardiovascular and neurological cellular assay systems. In addition, Ncardia develops and provides its customers with a broad portfolio of services from cardiovascular and neuronal disease modeling to target discovery and validation, primary or secondary drug screening, hit to lead and lead optimization, safety assessment, and pre-clinical patient stratification.
We are an enthusiastic, skilled, and committed international team in which everyone has the opportunity to make a decisive contribution. Within our Manufacturing Technology team in Leiden (The Netherlands) there is a position immediately available for a (Senior) Scientist Stem Cell Biology, who will report to the Director Manufacturing Technologies.
For more information about the company, please visit our website www.ncardia.com.
The (Senior) Scientist will lead execution of iPSC-derived cell manufacturing projects and hold key responsibilities to develop processes and analytical methods for the manufacture and characterization of new hiPSC-derived cell models. The position also involves supporting project acquisition and project management. Our clients are companies active in drug development and cell therapy. He/she will report to the Director of Manufacturing Technologies.
The ideal candidate is creative, client-oriented, and results-driven, has an established track record of success with sound technical qualifications and knowledge in stem cell and developmental biology with desire to work in a laboratory-focused role.
- Serve as a key scientist and project leader in stem cell process development and manufacturing.
- Design project proposals that address customer requests together with peers and our global Business Development team
- Hands-on execution and project leadership in stem cell-derived cell manufacturing projects for clients, according to defined timelines, budget, and milestones.
- Establish project documentation (e.g. SOPs, Work Instructions, Records, Study Report).
- Communicate technical/scientific aspects with clients (in all phases of a project: design/preparation, execution, reporting)
- Foster a collaborative work environment for project teams (including Business Development), lead and motivate project team members to ensure sound technical and commercial decision making.
- You are a highly motivated, pro-active, accurate, creative and committed team worker.
- Besides having good laboratory experience, you are flexible, reliable, and open-minded.
- You work independently following description of assigned tasks.
- You take responsibility, and you are dedicated and result oriented. In general, you require little instruction but only content-specific coaching on new assignments.
- Excellent reporting and documentation skills, affinity with data analyses and data presentation.
- Ability to meet and communicate routinely with team members and to facilitate discussion on progress as well as possible challenges and opportunities.
- Good writing and oral communication skills in English.
- Ph.D. in life sciences, developmental biology or related discipline.
- Proven track record with stem cells, iPSCs and differentiation into functional cells in adherent and/or suspension-based culture systems
- Experience with development, optimization of mammalian cell manufacturing processes and process characterization. Expertise in statistics, scale up, and/or Quality by Design /Design of Experiments is considered a plus.
- Excellent reporting and documentation skills, strong affinity with data analyses and data presentation
- Attention for details, dedicated, result oriented, and a drive for problem solving
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask and contribute to multiple projects under demanding timelines
- Ability to work effectively in a project-based manner within a global team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when weekend work is required
- Affinity with Intellectual Property and Quality Management Systems is a plus
- As a person, you are open-minded and a good communicator by nature. You have a high level of energy that drives you and inspires your colleagues. You thrive in a changing and dynamic work environment, and in a job that requires you to be flexible, take initiatives and think out of the box when challenges occur. You are a true team-player who enjoys working in close collaboration with colleagues in and out of the laboratory.
Leiden, The Netherlands
We offer a challenging position in a dynamic biotech company with room for personal growth and development. Depending on your education and experience, we provide an appropriate salary.
Send your motivation letter with curriculum vitae by April 30th, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.