Ncardia is an established, globally operating, stem cell-based drug discovery & cell therapy company. At Ncardia, we believe that stem technology will help get better therapies to patients faster. The company is a supportive and trusted partner for scientists operating within the human induced pluripotent stem cell (hiPSC) drug discovery and cell therapy fields, particularly in the cardiovascular and neurology space.
Ncardia develops, produces and commercializes hiPSC-based solutions. Our offerings range from concept development to pre-clinical studies, including custom manufacturing of a range of cell types, as well as discovery services such as disease modelling, screening, and safety assays. Manufacturing process development expertise supports the development of cell therapy products.
We are an enthusiastic, skilled, and committed international team in which everyone has the opportunity to make a decisive contribution. Within our Manufacturing Technology team in Leiden (The Netherlands) there is a position immediately available for a Technician, who will report to the Director Manufacturing Technologies.
Our internal culture statement promotes Ncardia as an ambitious company expecting from its employees a positive attitude, transparent behavior, respectful communication, with integrity as the most important value.
As an Assistant Scientist you will be involved in client projects for process development, custom manufacturing, and characterization of iPSC-derived cells focused on supplying contract research services to biotech and pharmaceutical companies active in drug discovery and cell therapy.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Perform state-of-the-art stem cell culture techniques.
- Perform custom production (adherent culture or bioreactor-based) and cryopreservation of functional iPSC-derived cell types.
- Perform in process analyses and cell-based assays for functional characterization of differentiated iPSC-derived cells.
- Support the development of new processes for generation of iPSC-derived cell types.
- Collect and record data accurately following standard operation procedures.
- BSc/MSc or equivalent working and thinking level in (applied) biological science or related field.
- Demonstrated practical experience in cell culture techniques, such as, maintenance of cell lines, cell differentiation, cryopreservation, cell counting, media preparation, flow cytometry.
- Experience with cell-based assays, high-content imaging, luminescence / fluorescence /absorbance assays is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with controlled, stirred-tank bioreactors is a plus.
- Highly motivated, proactive, accurate, and committed team-player.
- We expect commitment and flexibility as well as reliability and open mindset.
- Well-organized and precise.
- Quality awareness.
- Understanding of good documentation practices.
- Independent, following description of assigned tasks.
- Responsible and result oriented.
- Good writing and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when weekend work is required.
- Affinity with ISO9001 and/or GxP quality systems is a plus.
Leiden, the Netherlands
We offer a challenging position in a dynamic biotech company with room for personal growth and development.
Send your motivation letter with curriculum vitae by July 30 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.