Ncardia is an established, globally operating, stem cell-based drug discovery & cell therapy company. At Ncardia, we believe that stem technology will help get better therapies to patients faster. The goal of the company is to be the supportive and trusted partner for scientists operating within the human induced pluripotent stem cell (hiPSC) drug discovery and cell therapy fields, and in particular, in the cardiovascular and neurology space.
Ncardia develops, produces, and commercializes highly predictive human cardiovascular and neurological cellular assay systems. In addition, Ncardia develops and provides its customers with a broad portfolio of services from cardiovascular and neuronal disease modeling to target discovery and validation, primary or secondary drug screening, hit to lead and lead optimization, safety assessment, and pre-clinical patient stratification.
We are an enthusiastic, skilled, and committed international team in which everyone has the opportunity to make a decisive contribution. Within our Discovery Services team in Leiden (The Netherlands) there is a position immediately available for a Project Leader - Senior Scientist.
The Project Leader - Senior Scientist will provide scientific and project leadership across multiple client projects potentially comprising of iPSC-derived cell manufacture and characterization, disease modeling, assay development and drug screening. The position also involves project acquisition and project management. First focus will be on providing scientific leadership in a complex project for cardiomyocyte differentiation and manufacture at large scale using Ncardia’s state-of-the art bioreactor manufacturing platform.
The ideal candidate is creative, client-oriented, results-driven, has an established track record of knowledge in cardiac stem cell research, proven experience in project leadership and is willing to broaden her/his expertise into other disease areas (e.g., neuro).
- Serve as an expert and project leader in stem cell-based projects for clients
- Coordinate work across multiple project teams and provide hands-on training where needed
- Provide scientific background and feedback on results to the team members assigned to his/her projects to deliver on client goals
- Foster a collaborative work environment, lead and motivate project team members to ensure sound technical and commercial decision making.
- Design project proposals that address customer requests within timelines. Communicate technical/scientific aspects with clients (in all phases of a project: design/preparation, execution, reporting)
- Be up to date with scientific literature and maintain knowledge concerning relevant new research and new technologies within Ncardia’s scientific field
- Communicate routinely with management, team members and clients, to facilitate discussion on project progress as well as possible challenges and opportunities
- Establish project documentation (e.g., SOPs, Work Instructions, Records, Study Report)
- Recognized as scientific expert both internally and externally
- Act as a scientific lead with the ability to influence the overall scientific direction both internally and that of our client’s
- Ph.D. in life sciences, cardiac biology (developmental) and/or neurobiology or related discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in a Life Sciences/Biotech company or CRO in a project leadership role.
- Demonstrated experience with leading teams on complex, multi-faceted projects, and an ability to motivate
- Proven track record with stem cells and differentiation into cardiac and/or neuro, affinity with assay development, disease modeling and drug screening is a plus.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask and contribute to multiple projects within timelines.
- Excellent reporting and documentation skills, affinity with data analyses and data presentation.
- Ability to work effectively in a project-based manner (according to defined timelines, budget, and milestones) within a global team.
- Good writing and oral communication skills in English.
- Affinity with Intellectual Property and Quality Management Systems is a plus
- As a person, you are open-minded and a good communicator by nature. You have a high level of energy that drives you and inspires your colleagues. You thrive in a changing and dynamic work environment, and in a job that requires you to be flexible, take initiatives and think out of the box when challenges occur. You are a true team-player who enjoys working in close collaboration with colleagues in and out of the laboratory.
Leiden, The Netherlands
We offer a challenging position in a dynamic biotech company with room for personal growth and development. Depending on your education and experience, we provide an appropriate salary.
Send your motivation letter with curriculum vitae to: email@example.com