Ncardia is an established, globally operating, stem cell-based drug discovery & cell therapy company. At Ncardia, we believe that stem technology will help get better therapies to patients faster. The goal of the company is to be the supportive and trusted partner for scientists operating within the human induced pluripotent stem cell (hiPSC) drug discovery and cell therapy fields, and in particular, in the cardiovascular and neurology space.
Ncardia develops, produces, and commercializes highly predictive human cardiovascular and neurological cellular assay systems. In addition, Ncardia develops and provides its customers with a broad portfolio of services from cardiovascular and neuronal disease modeling to target discovery and validation, primary or secondary drug screening, hit to lead and lead optimization, safety assessment, and pre-clinical patient stratification.
We are an enthusiastic, skilled, and committed international team in which everyone can make a decisive contribution. Within our Discovery Services team in Leiden (The Netherlands) there is a position immediately available for a Scientist or Senior Scientist in Stem Cell Biology.
The (Senior) Scientist will provide scientific leadership in iPSC-derived cell differentiation and manufacturing projects and hold key responsibilities to develop processes and analytical methods for the generation and characterization of new hiPSC-derived cell models. The position also involves supporting project acquisition and project management. Our clients are companies active in drug development and cell therapy.
The ideal candidate is creative, client-oriented, and results-driven, has an established track record of success with sound technical qualifications and knowledge in stem cell and developmental biology with desire to work in a laboratory-focused role.
- Serve as a key scientist in stem cell-based projects for clients
- Coordinate work with project team members and provide hands-on practical support where needed
- Provide scientific background and feedback on results to the team members assigned to his/her projects
- Foster a collaborative work environment, lead, and motivate project team members to ensure sound technical and commercial decision making
- Design project proposals that address customer requests. Communicate technical/scientific aspects with clients (in all phases of a project: design/preparation, execution, reporting)
- Be up to date with scientific literature and maintain knowledge concerning relevant new research and new technologies within Ncardia’s scientific field
- Communicate routinely with management, team members and clients, to facilitate discussion on project progress as well as possible challenges and opportunities
- Establish project documentation (e.g. SOPs, Work Instructions, Records, Study Report)
- Depending on experience, part of the job responsibility may include a laboratory-based role to support project execution
- Ph.D. in life sciences, developmental biology or related discipline.
- Proven track record with stem cells, iPSCs and differentiation into functional cells in adherent and/or suspension-based culture systems
- Experience with development, optimization of mammalian cell manufacturing processes and process characterization. Expertise in statistics, scale up, and/or Quality by Design /Design of Experiments is considered a plus.
- Excellent reporting and documentation skills, strong affinity with data analyses and data presentation
- Attention for details, dedicated, result oriented, and a drive for problem solving
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask and contribute to multiple projects under demanding timelines
- Ability to work effectively in a project-based manner within a global team
- Affinity with Intellectual Property and Quality Management Systems is a plus
- As a person, you are open-minded and a good communicator by nature. You have a high level of energy that drives you and inspires your colleagues. You thrive in a changing and dynamic work environment, and in a job that requires you to be flexible, take initiatives and think out of the box when challenges occur. You are a true team-player who enjoys working in close collaboration with colleagues in and out of the laboratory.
Leiden, The Netherlands
We offer a challenging position in a dynamic biotech company with room for personal growth and development. Depending on your education and experience, we provide an appropriate salary.
Send your motivation letter with curriculum vitae to: email@example.com